Sunday, February 23, 2014

Cord Maker

Repurposing some thread and knitting up chunky yarn for m, but knitting seemingly unending i-cord by hand can get pretty tedious.  I needed something different, and internet gave me the lucet.



I tried out an out an old, cheap fork I had leftover from another project.  It works, except, the cord it makes is too small when I used the repurposed thread.

Then I re-discovered the knitting nancy.  


I managed to make a this small one out of a small branch from the garden (with a convenient hollow core) and some staples. 



Here's a shot with Abe for size comparison.  It makes the approximate size cord, although I need to play around with it more to get the tension the way I want it.

I find that my boredom with making i-cord has gone.  For now.


posted by: cat

No comments: