Sunday, August 7, 2011

More Potheads to Celebrate Deathly Hallows 2

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Yes, Deathly Hallows Part 2 has come and gone, and the saga of Harry Potter has finally come to an end.  Some of us have nothing to look forward to.  But me, I'm gonna keep on crocheting.  I might not be as crazy as to crochet up a Hogwarts for these dolls but I just might end up completing the cast!  (yeah, right)

Dumbledore took the longest to make, and also the most fun.  I don't know how many times I redid his beard and robes but they turned out better than I expected.  And I just adore hi fez.

detail of cap and glasses and cute lil fez
Bellatrix is my favorite in the movie.  Helena is so right for the part.  I do like how this turned out except for the hair which I wish was more frizzy.  I would have wanted to unravel the strands but the black cotton crochet I use is rather fragile and breaks easily when unraveled so I just didn't risk it.

Bellatrix Lestrange
 I do love my Snape too (of course).  I did the straight greasy hair look because I'm still not used to the just-washed and wavy I'm-the-new-headmaster-of-Hogwarts-look. 

Severus Snape
Here hs is sans the flowing robes. I do like the tunic thingy.  I copied it from this picture of him.

Snape without his robes
 And last but not the least, and the one I had to completely do over a  couple of times, is Voldemort.  I can never get him to frown just right. 

Lord Voldemort
 And to those who are expecting potheads, look!  I wrapped them up for you so they won't get filthy and lose their wands in the mail. :)

plastic-ed potheads

posted by m

No comments: