Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Couldn't Help Myself!

Right after chatting with m about new projects and embroidering, I couldn't help but try out a name sample.  (Eh, the 'i' is missing the star dot.)



 Then I tried out this little character.  (The head is from an old Japanese embroidery book.)  This could maybe get turned into a pocket, or patched onto a bag?



Then I realized that I would need fusible webbing or something similar for the tiny cloth bits.  Coz eventually, that piece of cloth is gonna come apart, especially if it's going to be washed often.  And since there's no fusible webbing to be had in this country, I thought: paint!


Yes, I used fabric paint.  Yes, the misprint (color out of the lines) was intentional.  Yes, the design is another nephew Z original.    Yes, I'm assuming it's a bird.  No, I'm not sure if it's right side-up or whether it should be rotated 90 degrees to the right.

Yes, I will be doing more of this until: a) I get bored and do something else; or b) My tendinitis will make my wrist swell up like a sausage.

posted by: cat

No comments: