Friday, May 6, 2011

Annie


Meet Annie, the latest dress-up dollie.  She's going to a 1 year old out there somewhere.  I hope they will be happy with each other. 

  
Annie has crochet curls which are less likely to come off with baby's handling.  They're also very tactile.  Babies love that stuff.  I also replaced the snap buttons (on the dresses) with ties at the back so there's no choking on buttons.  The shoes, though, will have to be sewn on if I want to make it totally baby-friendly.

I had originally wanted the dress to have flowers all over the skirt but I ended up not liking it because I couldn't make small enough flowers. I still wanted it to be a flower dress so I added the belt and came up with the hem (same stitches used for the petals).  This is the first dress I've done with this kind of hem (and, yes, I don't even know what it's called!).  It was a spur of the moment thing which turned out rather well.  
And here's Annie with her red dress.  Yes, her hair did remind me of little orphan Annie hence the name and the red dress.

posted by m

No comments: